Congratulations, you’ve finally decided to get a website for your business. Communication during the build of your website is critical in getting you the final product that you want. I’ve compiled a checklist that might help you communicate what you want from your website.
- What is your company’s mission statement?
- What is your Elevator speech? (You meet someone in an elevator and you have 30 – 60 seconds to describe your business)
- What is the Goal of your website? (ex. selling a product, resources for your business, affiliate marketing. Be specific)
- What are your main products/services?
- Who is the target audience?
- What content has to be more apparent?
- Name 2 to 4 areas that you want 90% of your visitors to visit.
- Who is your competition?
- Name 3 website layouts that you like and why (layout, colors, menus, backgrounds, etc)
- Name 3 website layouts that you hate and why (layout, colors, menus, backgrounds, etc)
- Name 3 websites that represent the same industry as yours.
- Do you have a plan on getting people to your site? If yes, what is it?
- Do you have a budget range?
- Do you have a target date?
Have any more you’d like to add? Throw’em in the comments.